Saturday, September 4, 2010

FAB Contest final reminder

Osiyo~

I have been out of town a lot lately, with no real internet service. It's driving me crazy. It is also driving me to write! I finished the three chapters for Mills & Boon Harlequin Medical line this last week. I still need to finish crits, but so far so good. Thanks Twinkies! I am almost finished edits on Healing Whispers...I think. I haven't heard back from SSE yet, so who knows? I expect to hear something in the next two months at least, but that could very well be wishful thinking on my part, too. I am almost done with the first draft of HOME, the Vietnam short story.

You must think I can't write if it's taking me four months to write @19,000 words. It's not easy. Especially not for someone who is used to having a minimum of 50K words to tell a whole story to cram that into a third the allotted word count! But I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Also tying up time and concentration is a family member being in unexpectedly bad health, possibly permanently. My father in-law is ill and needs prayers and good wishes if you have a mind to offer. When I'm not writing or out of town, hubby and I spend time helping his family make adjustments to a new arena of life we never expected to have to venture into.

Now- Finally A Bride Contest!!!!! is here again. The extended deadline is Sept 10th so- unpublished authors get your entry in now! Go to OKRWA website for all the requirement info before it's too late.

I'm off to edits and hopefully finish a new manuscript.

Dodadagohvi~

2 comments:

Gale Stanley said...

Just stopped by to say I love your blog and I have an award for you. You can pick it up at http://galestanley.blogspot.com/
Hugs, Gale

Calisa Rhose said...

Sheesh! I need to get out more! Thanks and thanks Gale. Funny, I was visiting you just a couple of days ago and missed it! On my way.